Afternoon Guys, a quick update on what's happening in the Googlesphere:
Android Kit Kat: Torro HTC One M8 customers should be pleased to hear that a 600mb kitkat release named 4.4.3. is now available to fix bugs and enhance sensory performance, a full list of updates is included at the bottom of this article, we are awaiting news as to when Samsung Galaxy intend on rolling out the update. It is believed the Galaxy update will be titled 4.4.4 in keeping with the kitkat version recently released for Nexus 7 to resolve issues of random rebooting and battery life. Torro sources suggest that the 4.4.4 for Galaxy is still in the testing phase but should surface in the Autumn. LG have yet to release a new version but Sony Xperia customers will be sending their wifi routers into overdrive to reap the benefits of Google's latest iteration of the worlds most used operating system.
Music streaming: Plans from Google have been released to take on music streaming services Pandora, Spotify and the impending Apple revamp of Beats music streaming. Google aim to take swift action to control the market with the YouTube music key service. Music key will not only allow the streaming of the latest albums and singles but also remixes, live tracks and user uploads usually found on you tube. Our only question is why have they waited until now? Presumably to combat Apple before Cook and the team place the "gorgeous" and "super simple" spin on their new music streaming service which may even be demo'd with iOS 8 on the iPhone 6 in September. For years we have asked Torro customers what their favourite apps are and often when talking music apps; Torro users have reported that they use the You Tube app to stream their favourite songs already. What's your favourite music streaming app, we'd love to hear.
Changes to your Kit Kat
· Updated to new versions of Google apps
· Added Clear Image
· Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
· Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
· Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
· Increased capacitive button illumination
· Improved overall stability
· Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
· Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
· Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
· Fixed “OK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
· Fixed Viber calls not working
· Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
· Fixed PicasaSync
· Fixed Camera “O” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
· Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc.
Have a great week!!!